The two most striking features of the new device are the metal body, and the fingerprint reader that sits on the back of the smartphone.
The Redmi Note 3 has a 5.5in screen, and a massive battery capacity of 4000 mAh.
The phone is powered by a Helio X10 chip from MediaTek.
The Redmi Note 3 comes in at 8.65mm thick and 164g, making it 4g heavier than the Redmi Note 2 which was launched just three months ago.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is available for pre-order on GearBest for $209 with free shipping.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Specifications:
- Display: 5.5 inch, 1920 x 1080 Pixel Screen with 403 PPI
- CPU: Helio X10 64bit Octa Core 2.0GHz
- GPU: PowerVR G6200
- System: Android 5.0
- RAM + ROM: 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM
- Camera: 5.0MP with f/2.0 aperture front camera + 13.0MP with 78
degree wide-angle, f/2.2 aperture back camera
- Sensor: Light sensor, G-sensor, Proximity sensor, Hall Sensor
- Feature: GPS/ A-GPS / Glonass / Beidou
- Bluetooth: 4.1
- SIM Card: Dual SIM dual standby, dual Micro SIM cards
- 2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz
- 3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz
- 4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600MHz