Rooting your phone can bring a lot of benefits and possible security risks to your phone, please consider these before doing the following root process!
1. Download and install the Xiaomi Mi 4i USB driver onto your computer
2. Enable USB Debugging on your Device
In order to enable USB debugging on your devide, you will need to enable Developer Options. Open Settings –> About Phone –> Tap on MIUI version a bunch of times until it shows you the Developer Options
No go to the Settings –> Additional Settings –> Developers Option –> USB Debugging –> Tap to Enable
3. Download and extract Mi 4i Rooting Kit on your computer. After extracting, you will be able to see the following files:
4. Connect your Mi 4i to your computer
5. Open rec.bat – the file is listed in step 3
6. After the Mi 4i Rooting Kit has launched, press 1 on your computer to begin the rooting process
7. Your device will now start in fastboot mode and you will see something like this:
8. After 4-5 minutes your device will be rooted and your device will restart. This process could take longer than 5 minutes, just be patient.
9. If you see the SuperSU icon in the app drawer after the restart, your device has been rooted successfully!