MIUI 7 is finally available to the public! Well, the developer public.
The first thing to do is check to see if your device is compatible with the MIUI 7 beta ROM. MIUI 7 is compatible with the following Xiaomi devices:
- Redmi 2
- Redmi 1S
- Mi 3
- Mi 4
- Mi 4i
- Redmi Note 3G
- Redmi Note 4G
Have one of these devices? Great, move on the to next section.
Warning! This is a beta version, so you might see some weird behavior. We don’t recommend installing beta versions on your primary device.
How to install MIUI 7
1. First things first, you have to download the new ROM, you can do that from our MIUI 7 download master list.
2. Find your device on the list. We are using the Mi 4i, so we’re downloading MIUI 7 Global ROM 5.8.22.
3. Fastboot or Recovery? Click the Recovery link and download the ZIP file.
4. Rename the downloaded file to “update.zip” and copy the file on your phone’s internal storage in “downloaded_rom” folder.
5. Next, launch the “updater” app on your device and tap on “reboot to recovery mode.”
6. While in recovery mode, can use the Volume buttons to move up and down, and the power button to confirm. Select your language and ‘Install update.zip to System One” and select Yes.
7. MIUI will now be installed on your device. Once the device reboots you will have the MIUI 7 beta ROM running on your device.
Did you see something different when you installed it on your device? Let us know in the comments.