What are some highlights of the MIUI 7 Global Rom
- 4 new system UIs: Rose, Pink Blush, Ocean Breeze, High Life
- 30% faster system response
- 10% better battery for daily use
- XXL Text
- Baby Album
- Child Mode
- Auto DND
- MIUI in India: IVR,
- partnering with Opera Max to provide Data Saver,
- Smart SMS Filter,
- Quick OTP
What’s changed in MIUI 7?
What is MIUI Global Beta Rom?
- If this is the first time you are hearing about a MIUI global beta release, or if your Xiaomi phone is on stable ROM and have never flashed your device before, please read http://en.miui.com/thread-133611-1-1.html
How to Update to MIUI 7?
- If you’re using MIUI global beta ROM, please open ‘Updater’ app on your phone and check for the update!
- This OTA has not been pushed for stable ROMs yet. So if you’re using stable ROM, you need to download the ROM first and flash it by yourself.
- Or you can download the full ROM files in the thread and flash the ROM by yourself. To get some tips on how to flash your device, please refer to this link: http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
- Do remember to make a backup before flashing.
Where can I download the Global Beta Recovery Rom?
Where can I download the Global Developer Fastboot Rom?
- Please Find and download here
- (Mi 3,Mi 4,Mi 4i,Redmi 1S,Redmi Note 4g,Redmi 2)
Will it void my device warranty if I flash this ROM?
How to update MIUI 7 Global Beta Rom using custom Recovery(TWRP/CWM)?
How can I backup and restore data on MIUI ROMs?
- Backup data on a MIUI 6 ROM and restored it on MIUI 7. We can undoubtedly say it works flawlessly with minimal effort involved and great results.
- Under the settings menu, navigate to backup and reset.
- Under Backup, you may find an option for Local Backup which you may select further.
- Now, hit the backup button at the bottom of the screen. Just an FYI, this might a take a while. You are also given an option to encrypt your backup with a password to play safe.
- When its done, your backup is ready and you can restore this data on only MIUI running smartphone.
- The backup data is available at Internal Storage at location under /sdcard/MIUI/backup/AllData/ directory.
- To restore data, navigate to the same backup and reset menu and select the backup data sorted by date.
- Choose items to restore and hit the restore button at the bottom. This again, will take a while and once done your phone shall be ready with personalized data and settings sitting there.
I am using stable MIUI 6 version and I have not get OTA update yet. How do I get the OTA update?
- OTA update only available to developers.
How to flash fastboot rom?
- Select the right MIUI ROM version for your phone from the listed, and download the corresponding package file.
- Turn off the device. Press the Volume– key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable
- Double click on the downloaded ROM file to decompress it. Open the file folder for the decompressed ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
- Decompress the MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded in Step 1, and double click on it to install (if there is security warning, select ‘Run’). After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste into the address bar the ROM file folder path copied in the last step.
- Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
- Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
How to root MIUI 7 Global Beta Rom?
- Always do a backup in case of bootloop.
- Note:Only this method working TWRP / CWM recovery
- Download(Super Su) the zip file and copy it on the root of your sdcard.
- Reboot to recovery and install the zip file.
- Reboot system and you should have supuersu app.
- To Unroot, just go to the supersu app and find full unroot. Reboot.
Why is the MIUI 7 Global Developer ROM not rooted?
- Only China Dev Rom comes Pre-rooted
Why customize theme hiding? I want customize my theme by my own style.
- Disable your data or wifi connection.
- Clear data from app themes.
- Open themes app.
- After customize themes you can enable data or connection again.
How do I use the daily lockscreen?
- Go to setting—Wallpaper–Daily Lock screen–Choose your favorite–Apply
How to use OTP feature?
How to Enable child Mode?
- MIUI 7 comes with a new feature called Child Mode which will prevent children from accessing your personal files like email, SMS etc. Here is how to enable and use it.
What is Showtime and how is it used?
Does The Global Variant Updates Weekly?
- It’s biweekly
We have root it with flashing super su, whether we would get the OTA update or not?
- Not effect OTA update