Set up “My profile”
- Login on your Mi Account app from your device.
- After logging into your Mi account, enable the Contact Sync on your Mi cloud.
- Go to Contacts App -> My profile. You need to set up My profile with the phone number linked to your Mi account.
- Enter the name and phone number (linked to your Mi Account) and tap “OK”. This will create your profile.
- Once your profile has been created, the “Automatically Exchange Contact Cards” option will appear on your Profile. Tap on it enable your Contact Cards.
- After you enable your Contact Cards. You will get “Add Video” and “Add Profile Photo” options.
- Now you can set your Video and Profile photo on your Contact Card.
- If you Click on “Add Video”. You will get Video recording window.
Your video or profile photo are all set! But now you need to enable a couple options.
- Enable “Require Permission to View” from your Profile. You will find this option at the bottom of your profile.
- Enable “Show Caller’s Video” from your calls setting.
How to exchange Contact Cards:
- Make sure they are using MIUI 7 and they have done the same process you just did above.
- If they have activated, when you check their contact, You will automatically get the option to Exchange cards with them.
- Tap on it to send an exchange request.
- Once you’ve sent the request, Mi Cloud will start synching and they will get Contact Card request notification.
You’re done! now when you call them, or they call you, your new Showtime contact card will appear.