Method 1: OTA update
You can use this method if you’re using MIUI V5/MIUI 6 stable version on your device. You will not receive OTA update on your device if you’re using China developer version or Global beta build
1. Find ‘Updater’ app on your device -> Check for update.
2. Press ‘Update’ if you’ve received the update on your device
3. After the download is completed, press Reboot now
4. And you can enjoy MIUI 7 on your phone now!
Method 2: Flash Recovery ROM
You can use this method if you’re using MIUI V5/MIUI 6 stable version, or China developer version/Global beta build on your device. If you’re using China developer version/Global beta build, remember to wipe all user data in Recovery mode before flashing.
1. Find your device here and download full ROM. After downloading is completed, put the ROM file in the root directory of your device’s storage
2. Go to Updater. Press the three dot on the top right corner, and select ‘Choose update package’. Choose the downloaded ROM file in last step, and your device will update automatically
Method 3: Update using Mi PC Suite
You can use this method if you’re using MIUI V5/MIUI 6 stable version on your device. You will not detect stable version update on your device if you’re using China developer version or Global beta build
1. Download Mi PC Suite here and install it on your computer
2. Turn off your device, press the Power button and Volume- button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode
3. Connect your device with the computer with a USB cable
4. Open Mi PC Suite and let it find your device. Then select ‘Update’. If the update is avaible, click ‘Update now’
5. Wait untill the ROM is successfully flashed on your device, and welcome to the world of MIUI 7