According to new filings with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Xiaomi may be preparing to sell the Redmi 2 Pro in the U.S.
If the reports are true, this would signify a huge move for Xiaomi entering the U.S. market.
What’s interesting to us is that the Redmi 2 Pro, while a solid phone, is no where near the best Xiaomi offering. Why enter a new, highly competitive market with a subprime device?
We think they might be testing the legal waters in the U.S.
Redmi 2 Pro specs:
- Display: 4.7 inch HD OGS Screen
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 MSMS8916, quad core 1.2GHz
- System: Android 4.4
- RAM + ROM: 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
- Camera: 2.0MP front camera + 8.0MP back camera
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- GPS: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- SIM Card: Dual SIM dual standby, Dual Micro SIM
- 2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz
- 3G: WCDMA 850/1900/2100MHz
- 4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2600MHz