Good news for MIUI Marshmallow fans! the secretive “Mr. Ivan” has released his latest ported AOSP 6.0.1 ROM for the Mi 3, and Mi 4, and Mi Note.
1. Please read the merging of system partitions thread here.
2. Make sure your device meets the following specs:
- Mi 3 with at least 1.4GB of free space
- Mi 4 with at least 1.4GB of free space
- Mi Note with at least 1.4GB of free space
The following are the changes for Ivan’s Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 update:
- Fix import Contacts FC bugs and added some optimization
- Replace with SnapDragon Camera APK
- Update Galleryapp
- Fix Settings FC issues
- Include new feature in Selection of Alarm Ringtone option
- Change Mi Note build.prop (ro.sf.lcd_density=440)
- Fix EMAIL FC bugs
- Include New Chinese (lunar) calendar and public holiday
- Optimize T9 calling
- Optimize “attribution show”
- Update Recorderapp
- FixRecordingapp bugs
- Fix Ringtones bugs
- Optimize Contactapp interface to MD-style
- Fix Phone app log bugs and FC issues
- Included CynongenMod’s (CM) Lookup feature. (*Credits to CM development team)
- Fix users’ reported bug. (‘i2C’ auto-restart and FC issues, and failure of sensors issues)
- Optimization of coding to improve operation stability
- Included selection of user DPI adjustment option, (Settings-> Display-> LCD Density)
- Update and optimize Bluetooth operation
Installation Video Guide
The video guide below is for the previously released Android Marshmallow ROM, but the process is the same. If you see anything different, please let us know in the comments!
While Mr. Ivan is an official MIUI developer, his Android Marshmallow porting work is not done in an official capacity, nor is it associated with Xiaomi.
The procedures above are only recommended for advanced users.