Installing a custom Android ROM can be intimidating. The first time I flashed a ROM I was scared to death.
But I quickly learned that there is no magic behind it, just a few key steps you need to follow.
The video below is the step-by-step guide to installing a custom ROM that I’ve ever seen.
This guide will help you flash Android Marshmallow, or CyanogenMod.
It will make you a master at flashing ROMs!
- Reboot your phone into Recovery mode.
- Head to the “Install” or “Install ZIP from SD Card” section of your recovery.
- Navigate to the ZIP file you downloaded earlier, and select it from the list to flash it.
- Wait for the process to complete; it may take a few minutes.
- Depending on your situation (see below), you may also need to wipe your data and/or cache. In TWRP, you’ll find this under the “Wipe” section, and in ClockworkMod, you’ll need to either choose the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option or the “Wipe Cache Partition” option. When you’re done, you’re free to reboot into your new ROM.