MIUI 8 Alpha was released a little while ago, and since it came out the number one question we’ve received is “How do I install it?!”
This guide will take you through all the steps. If you run into any problems, let us know in the comments below.
Prerequisites for installing MIUI 8:
- Mi Flash Tool
- Adb Drivers
- Batter at least 60% charged
- Unlocked Bootloader (Mi 5, Mi Note, and Mi Max only)
- First download the MIUI 8 ROM zip file for your device (links below). Extract the zip file.
- After extracting the image folder copy and paste this folder into your device C drive.
- Boot your device into fastboot mode by pressing and holding the volume down + power button for few seconds until you see the Mi logo.
- After booting into fastboot mode connect you device with PC via USB cable. (If your device is not showing it means Adb drivers are not installed properly)
- In the Mi Flash tool you will find an option called browse just click on that and navigate the image folder which we put in the C drive earlier. Select flash all except data store.
MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM 6.6.1 Download Links