The wait is over for Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note Prime and Mi 5 users. The MIUI 8 is rolling out for Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note Prime and Mi 5 starting from today August 20.
The Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note Prime and Mi 5 users will get the OTA update or they can download and install the ROM manually.
The list of devices getting MIUI 8 OTA update progressively:
Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm(New), Redmi Note Prime (New),Mi 5 (New), Redmi 2 (New), Redmi Note 2 (New), Redmi 1S, Mi 2/2S, Mi 4i, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G
The following devices will get MIUI 8 in near future:
Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi Note 3 Special Edition, Redmi 3, Redmi 3S/Prime, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi Note, Mi Max 32GB
You’ll receive an update notification on your device. Click on the notification and follow the on screen instruction. Or check for update via updater app. If you don’t find any update for your device install MIUI 8 manually following the below instructions.
How to install MIUI 8 manually:
- First, you need to download the ROM Zip file for your specific device. Download the ROM from below link.
- Put the downloaded ROM into internal storage on your device.
- Go to tools folder and launch the Updater App. Click on the three dot menu select “Choose update package”.
- Now navigate to downloaded ROM zip file and click “Ok”. Follow the onscreen instructions.
- The whole flashing process takes up to 15-25 minutes. Wait until the process is completed successfully.
MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM Download Link:
Mi 5 (New!) Click here for details
Redmi Note Prime (New!) Click here for details
Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm (New!) Click here for details
Redmi Note 2
Redmi Note 3G Recovery 750M http://bigota.d.miui.com/V220.127.116.11.KHDMIDG/miui_HMNoteWGlobal_V18.104.22.168.KHDMIDG_84c900d822_4.4.zip