Xiaomi has announced its second manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh in association with Foxconn.
The new manufacturing unit in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh enable Xiaomi to manufactured 95% Xiaomi’s smartphones sold in India
Xiaomi has already set up its manufacturing unit in India back in August 2015.
More than 5,000 skilled workers are working on Xiaomi manufacturing unit, 90% of them are women.
The company has recently launched Redmi 4A, make in India phone from Xiaomi.
With two manufacturing plant, Xiaomi will produce one phone per second during operational hours.
“We are present in 20 markets globally but India tops in terms of volume and is also the fastest growing market for us. All eyes are on this market and we will continue to do what we are doing and provide great after sales service and experience for our users,” Manu Jain, Vice President and Managing Director, Xiaomi India.
Here are the top highlights of make in India phone Xiaomi Redmi 4A:
- Powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor Quad core
- Made out of a single piece of polycarbonate body
- Rich 5” HD display
- Super thin at just 8.5mm
- Full day battery life with 3120mAh battery
- Seamless performance with 2GB RAM
- No compromises with 16GB storage expandable up to 128GB
- 13MP primary camera with 5-element lens, f/2.2 aperture, HDR and real-time filters
- 5MP front camera with a fully revamped Beautify
- Dual SIM, dual standby [Nano and micro SIM]
- IR remote that supports appliances from thousands of brands
- Available in Gold, Dark Grey, and Rose Gold
- Wallet-friendly price Rs. 5,999
“With this new plant and our latest Redmi 4A, we are truly excited to be playing a role in enhancing the quality of life for people in India and being a part of the fabric of the country,” added Jain.