MIUI 9 is rolling out in batches. Several devices already receive the update while second and third batch devices are in a queue to receive MIUI 9 update.
If you want a clean installation of MIUI 9 then the fastboot method is the best way. The Fastboot ROM comes in .TGZ format. Let’s see the step by step guide to install MIUI 9 Fastboot ROM.
Before you proceed:
- At least 50% charged phone
- USB cable to connect your phone
- A working PC running on Windows OS
- Developer option must be enabled. To do this Settings>>About phones >> tap on the MIUI Version 7 times
- USB debugging must be enabled. To enable it Settings >> Additional Settings>>Developer Options >> enable USB Debugging.
- Bootloader unlocked device. Click here unlock your device bootloader.
- Disable the Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows. Check here for a complete guide.
Step by step guide to install MIUI 9 Fastboot ROM:
Step 1: Download the MIUI 9 Fastboot ROM for your concerned device. Put the file into the root directory (C Drive) of your PC and extract it.
Step 2: Download latest version of Mi Flash Tool and ADB drivers.
Step 3: After downloading the Mi Flash tool and ADB driver install both of them on your PC. After installing restart your PC
Step 4: Switch off your phone and enter into Fastboot Mode by pressing Volume down + Power button at the same time. Then connect your device to PC by USB cable.
Step 5: Now copy the path of the folder where you extract the ROM earlier. See the following figure.
Step 6: Launch the Mi Flash Tools when it is connected to your device with USB Cable. Now paste the copied linked into a red marked box and select “Clean All” from below part. The click refresh.
Step 7: Make sure the path and your device are identified correctly. Then click on “Flash”. The flashing process will begin.
Now you have successfully installed MIUI Fastboot ROM on your device. Enjoy!